Wailuku, Maui Climate & Temperature
- Wailuku, Maui, Hawaii is at 20°53'N, 156°30'W, 61 m (200 ft). See map.
- Wailuku, Maui has a tropical wet and dry/ savanna climate with a pronounced dry season in the high-sun months, no cold season, wet season is in the low-sun months (Köppen-Geiger classification: As).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Wailuku, Maui is situated in or near the subtropical dry forest biome.
- The average annual temperature is 23.8 degrees Celsius (74.8 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 4 °C (7.2°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype truly hyperoceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 685 mm (27 inches) which is equivalent to 685 Litres/m² (16.8 Gallons/ft²).
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Wailuku, Maui you would come out nearest to the climate station at Maun, Botswana where you would find a Subtropical steppe climate (Subtropical thorn woodland biome).
Wailuku, Maui Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Wailuku, Maui Climate Graph in Metric Units
Wailuku, Maui Climograph in English Units
Climate of Wailuku, Maui, Hawaii Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides: